Wednesday, June 19, 2013

So, here we are, day 2 of the blog floggin and here's where it gets interesting. I had a friend from New Jersey tell me, "It's all about being consistent" when it comes to blogging. Now there's a word that takes on new meaning when you are trying to do something, anything long term. I've studied on that word and have a few thoughts on what I do consistently that unites me with other folk I know.

I go to bed at a reasonable hour.
I wake up at a reasonable hour.
I spend my day toiling, by in large, like most folks do.
I eat three squares a day.
I watch some TV, but ditched cable after it miraculously went from $29.99/mo to $119.99/mo.
I use the internet a lot.
I have dreams about the future that a winning lottery ticket will fix, and not much more.

What separates me from other folk I know:

I try to see or find humor in every situation I come across.
I have both of my parents with me.
I truly understand that life is too short.
I had a stay in the Hospital that lasted two years.
I've written two books, one published and one awaiting a publisher.
I've been with my bride for 30 years now.
I have no debt other than my mortgage.
My retirement plan is a 26 acre plot of mountain land in North Carolina and a cemetery plot.
I believe that Life is good and it is a gift from God.

That's about it.

My wise father told me once, "Life consists of doing repetitious things with renewed enthusiasm".

That's work, writing, marriage, everything.

I think Pop is right about that.

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with ya on the retirement plan, neighbor! =)

    ReplyDelete